Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Halloween Site for Foodies

It just don't get any better than this, baby. I recently found the blog and website of a butcher/chef in San Francisco named Ryan Farr. I'd never heard of him before today, and now I'll never forget him. This man does A-MAY-ZING things with all the parts of the animal that your mom told you to wash up after touching. And he seems obsessed with pork (Ryan, are you married?!) and bacon. Evidently he participated in a Cochon 555 Event in Napa in 2008. Can't say I'm surpried, really...

Check out his site, but be warned that along with phenomenal recipes for homemade bacon, spiced pork shoulder and hotdogs there are... other things...

This Cured Rolled Pig Face is what first caught my eye...

In case you ever wanted to know how to make head cheese from cute little bunnies. Or, Thumper Terrine, as I call it.

Okay, so now it's clear that he may be a bit 'off'...

No comments:

Post a Comment